Friday, September 16, 2016

Using Anki to Study Programming Languages

In one of my previous posts "Anki Review" I wrote about one of the best SRS software for studying different subjects. As I mentione Anki is free, unlimited in view of data size, very fast and very good interface. It's algorithm is based on Supermemo 2 algorithm.
It depends of the subject I have to learn I am using both Anki and Supermemo. Both of them are great tools for the passionate learners such I am.

Recently I started to use it for studying programming languages. I study Visual Basic 2015 and Python languages. I even started blogs about Visual Basic 2015 and Python programming languages. The codes I study I am posting into these blogs.

One of the feature Anki has is making tying notes. That means you can write the answer instead of simple answering it loudly. That helps you to earn source codes with easy. The Anki algorithm will schedule the cards efficiently what will help you to earn more in a less time.
Anki
Typing answer with Anki

Usually I try to learn from 20-50 cards per day. These cards are actually source codes similarly as on the image above.
For example: Open Text File in ListBox, Open Text File in ListView, Connect Microsoft Access database with DataGrid, Connect Microsoft Access database with ListView. Connect Listview with SQL server etc.

You are only limited by you. You can make every possible card and learn most efficiently. Try Anki, it's free and you will never sorry. I also recommend Supermemo if you need to know the material for decades. It has the most powerful algorithm ever created by men.

If you have any question about Anki, how to start studying, asking for decks etc feel free to contact me trough the contact page or by writing a comment bellow the article.

As an information, At this moment I am studying over 30 000 flash cards in 4 years time frame. The key for success is consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment