Saturday, July 16, 2016

XMind Review

 

Have you ever tried a mind mapping software? If yes, then you probably now XMind or even you are working on it.
I learned about XMind researching on Google. It's comes in 2 types, commercial and free version. I tried the trial version of XMind and it's very powerful. However, I am using only free version for now. Maybe this is because even the free version has all the functionality I need.

With XMind you can brainstorm everything. You can level every idea up to the sky. You can plan every process for achieving your goals. XMind supports office documents and PDF what makes it very useful tool.

How I am using XMind?

I started to use XMind 2 years ago. At the beginning I used it only as a planner and ideas brainstorming tool. Now, I am using it in correlation with Personal Knowbase as a Personal Information Manager. I store different kind of information in Personal Knowbase and relate them with XMind. XMind is also my main todo list tool. I became greater achiever than ever I was.
Also, XMind can be used as a decision making tool and problem solving tool. It supports templates that are freely available and can be used in this manner.

Free version of XMind is open source what makes it even better. That means thousands of developers are working on improving it's capabilities.

Here is what Brian Matthew, a MindMapping Expert says about XMind:
"After trying both FreeMind and XMind I have settled on using XMind for my personal and professional projects and might even consider paying for the additional XMind Pro in the future."

You can download XMind from this website: xmind.net.

1 comment: